ARE YOU A WOMAN SEEKING A TEACHING POSITION IN PLANNING?
NEXT EDITION DEADLINE: September, 2015
The Faculty Women’s Interest Group (FWIG) of the Association of Collegiate Schools of Planning (ACSP) annually prepares and posts on the ACSP website a compilation of the two-page abbreviated resumes of women seeking tenure-earning teaching positions in Planning and related programs in North America. The Resume Book is widely used by Planning Departments conducting faculty searches; many people who appeared in previous editions are convinced that it played an important role in their successful job search.
Most resumes are from those with an earned PhD in Planning or a related field who are just starting their teaching careers. Feel free to include your resume if you already have a teaching position and are considering a move OR if you’re ABD and almost ready. We occasionally get resumes from those with Masters degrees and practicing planners who hope to teach. If you are not sure where to start, try here:http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/641/01/ .
If you’d like your two page resume to appear in the next edition of the FWIG book, please send a PDF version of a two page resume as an attachment to an email to the address below. We will NOT accept any other format. We will NOT include more than two pages.
PLEASE CONFORM TO THE REQUIREMENTS BELOW.
- No more than 2 pages;
- At least one inch margins;
- At least 12 point type;
- Do NOT paginate;
- Do NOT use footers of any kind (headers are ok, but don’t include page numbers);
- Choose 2 (and only 2) specializations for categorization purposes;
- Check the PDF version to ensure that the formatting is correct prior to sending it in.
Additional suggested guidelines
- Print your NAME in 16-18 point type at the top – not “resume” or “vitae;”
- Consider what the two pages look like – your experience and background should be easy to see;
- Think about what the two pages say about you – your strengths and skills should jump right out; and,
- Check the current Resume Book on the ACSP website for guidance.
Please indicate two specializations under which you’d like your resume to be categorized (listed below). Because we very occasionally add a new category you may ALSO list a category not on the list below; if we get three or more requests for the same new category we will add it.
Feel free to email for additional information. There is no charge for appearing in the publication. The publication should be on-line on the ACSP website by the last week of October. No hard copies will be published.
Please send the PDF of your two page abbreviated CV to: FWIG Resume Book email@example.com
DEADLINE will be set for next September, 2015
FWIG Resume Book Official Substantive Categories
You must choose two from among the following 15 categories. You may ALSO suggest something not on this list; if we receive 3 or more requests for that category we will add it. But since you are allowed to be listed in only two categories, if you volunteer a substantive category not on the list below, you must tell us which one of the original two you wish to drop to add the new category.
- Arts and Cultural Development
- Dispute Resolution and Mediation, Participatory Planning
- Economic Development and Labor Force Analysis
- Environmental Management, Planning, and Protection
- Food Security and Access
- GIS and Quantitative Methods
- Healthy Communities and Active Living
- Historic Preservation
- Housing and Community Development
- International and Comparative Development and Planning
- Land Use Planning, Urban and Neighborhood Design
- Planning Theory and History
- Social and Diversity Planning, Social Inclusion
- Transportation and Infrastructure Planning
- Urban Finance, Management, and Policy