Presented annually to members of the Faculty Women’s Interest Group.
The intent of the FWIG Emerging Scholar Travel Scholarship is to support faculty who are in the early stages of their career and have financial hardships in attending the ACSP Annual Conference. It is intended to defray the costs of travel so that new faculty can promote their scholarship, develop academic connections, and advance their careers.
Two $500 scholarships will be provided to defray travel expenses in 2018 and will be provided to the attendee on arrival at the conference. In addition, the ACSP will waive conference registration for each winner of the travel award.
Deadline to submit applications for this award is June 1 on the ACSP website.
- This scholarship is open to FWIG members that have a PhD and are currently within the first three years of a new appointment.
- It is open to any type of appointment, including fixed-term, adjunct, lecturer, and tenure-track.
- Post-doctoral fellows and students will not be considered for this scholarship.
- Priority will be given to emerging scholars who
- do not have institutional support for conference travel; and
- have submitted an abstract for the upcoming ACSP Annual Conference and subsequently will attend to presenting the research from the accepted abstract. Applicants should feel free to submit their application for this award prior to knowledge of acceptance. ACSP staff will confirm the acceptance of the abstract for the committee.
- Chair: Rosie Tighe, Cleveland State University, J.email@example.com
- Zeenat Kotval-Karamachandani, Michigan State University
- Yanmei Li, Florida Atlantic University
- Ashima Krishna, University at Buffalo